Admission Requirements for Spring, Senior Year (Student Teaching Semester)
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher to be admitted for the student teaching semester.
- Passing scores on all three parts of Praxis Core Academic Skills Exam are required before enrolling in CATE 406: Teaching Internship and CATE 4052: Seminar.
- Passing scores are required for Praxis II: Subject Matter before enrolling in CATE 406: Teaching Internship and CATE 4052: Seminar.
- Students must complete an interview with CATE faculty before enrolling in the professional education courses. This is normally completed during the advising registration period.
- Students must satisfactorily complete the student teaching experience at a school/district in Benton or Washington County that has been approved by the Field Experience Coordinator.
All students seeking licensure in the state of Arkansas are subject to Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) criminal background check. Arkansas will not certify anyone who has been convicted of a felony. Background checks must be cleared before the student begins student teaching.