Enrollments will be limited in upper division professional studies courses in the Childhood Education Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.E.) Program. In addition, the number of students accepted into the M.A.T. Program in elementary Education is contingent upon availability of placements with partnership schools. Specific application procedures and selection criteria are in effect to limit course enrollments and acceptance to the M.A.T. program. Please contact your faculty advisor for details regarding the selective admission process. Admission requirements for the M.A.T. degree program for initial certification are as follows:
- Completion of an appropriate undergraduate degree program.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- (per Graduate School requirements)
- Passing score on the Praxis II: Elementary Education Mutliple Subjects Tests including:
- Reading and Language Arts Subtest
- Mathematics Subtest
- Social Studies Subtest
- Science Subtest