Internship & Placement Information
Please see the list below for current and/or previously used pre-arranged placement agency partners including private school, museum, religious organization, non-profit educational services and environmental education options. Internships must be through an approved agency with the Office of Teacher Education. All internships must be approved prior to the start of the semester by the Educational Studies program coordinator, Rhett Hutchins. State of Arkansas background checks may be required for individuals completing internships at locations serving populations of minors.
Private School Partners
- Bright Haven Christian Learning Center is an Arkansas Better Beginnings Level 3 facility located in Springdale, Arkansas. Bright Haven uses a whole-child approach to child development and utilizes Conscious Discipline in order to foster positive social/emotional skills. Classrooms focus on Developmentally Appropriate Practices in a center-based environment.
- Jean Tyson Child Development Center is a family-centered program housed in a facility designed to provide for best practices in early childhood education and to enhance the learning experience for University students. Fayetteville on the University of Arkansas campus.
- Fayetteville Montessori School is a year-round school, with classes ranging from 6 weeks to sixth grade, that excels in supporting the full development of the child. The child-centered, hands-on education allows students to leave as ambassadors of peace as well as with fundamental habits, attitudes and skills essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
- The Grace School - Children's ABA T.E.A.M., previously called NWA Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities offers 3 unique services to children and families impacted by autism and other developmental disabilities in Northwest Arkansas. The Clinic provides intensive 1:1 ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) therapy, the Grace School provides ABA-based classroom services and GAP, an after-school tutoring program.
- Prism Education Center is committed to developing children of knowledge, insight, integrity and wisdom. Fayetteville, Arkansas
- St. Joseph Catholic School Mission Statement:"Bringing students closer to Christ through academic excellence, respect for life and community service." Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Wee Care Christian Preschool is an early childhood facility designed to support each child's unique ability to learn and grow in all areas of self: social, emotional, cognitive, phsyical, and spiritual. Fayetteville, Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art welcomes all to celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the power of art with the beauty of nature. Bentonville, Arkansas
Religious Organization Partner
Non-Profit Educational Services
- The Boys & Girls Club of Fayetteville's Mission is to provide "a resource for families to improve the quality of their lives through the development of youth in a safe environment." Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Camp War Eagle is a Christian, sports, adventure and recreation summer camp for boys and girls ages 7 - 17 from Benton, Washington, Carroll and Madison Counties in Northwest Arkansas." Off Beaver Lake
- EMPOWER is a four-year, non-degree program for individuals with mild intellectual and cognitive disabilities at the University of Arkansas. The program is committed to providing an inclusive college experience and enhancing the independence and employability of diverse individuals ages 18-26. Ready to intern with us? Please take a look at our internship flyer.
- Fayetteville Public Library's mission is to strengthen our community and empower our citizens with free and public access to knowledge. Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Life Styles's Mission "enthusiastically supports individuals with disabilities in reaching their full potential as contributing members of the community." Fayetteville, Arkansas
- The Ozark Literacy Council Mission is "Improving lives through expanding and promoting literacy within the community." Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Potter's House Kids is a ministry to provide hope and a future to children and families in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Potter's House Thrift is a business with a wholistic pursuit to reach the needs of our community through job training and funding for our ministry." Fayetteville, Arkansas
- The Yvonne Richardson Center "provide(s) a place of structured recreation, socialization, and extracurricular learning for the citizens of Fayetteville, Arkansas." Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Apple Seeds develops and implements programs that educate and excite children about fruits and vegetables. Fayetteville, Arkansas
- The Botanical Garden of the Ozarks' Mission "is to provide educational, entertainment, and recreational opportunities for students, residents, and Garden visitors to increase their appreciation of the native and natural ecosystem of the Ozarks." Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Fayetteville Public Schools Sustainability Office: "FPS is building a greener future for our students and our community." Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area covers a 12,056 acre tract of diverse Ozark landscape along the southern shore of 28,370 acre Beaver lake." Rogers, Arkansas
- "The mission of the Ozark Natural Science Center is to enhance the understanding, appreciation and stewardship of the Ozark natural environment." Huntsville, Arkansas